Sunday 16 June 2013

Progress?

Seems like I'm failing utterly at this blog. I have many stories written up and ready to be illustrated, but unfortunately I don't have the skills to do it yet and so I'm eating lots of chocolate and drawing other stuff. Or attempting to. Watching YT tutorials doesn't really seem to improve my skills greatly and I'm too stubborn to read "theory of art" type books.

I figured I'd try landscapes. Not great for illustrating stories here, I know, but I figured I'll start big and then work on smaller, more detailed stuff, like, well, everything else besides sky, water bodies, mountains and grasslands with an occasional tree.

So I've been drawing clouds and little landscapes and other things, like those weird green sort-of-goblin-like-creatures playing with little girls' dresses, while spinning around in a circle. I think they might be somehow related to the Laundry Goblins, but I'm not entirely sure yet.


Ekhem. So as you can see at the moment I lack the skills and focus, which makes illustrating stories difficult. I should practice one thing till I get it right, but my attention span... Oh, look, a bird!



Disclaimer: some of those are going to be based on photographs/paintings found somewhere else. I am treating those entirely as training for my own use, not commercial action of any sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment